In this course you will analyze team dynamics, the stages of team development (i.e., how groups move from informal collections of individuals to formal teams), and the processes and structures of effective teams. You will also examine how to create effective teams in the healthcare context and explore some of the tools and techniques needed to ensure any team you are on is effective. Finally, aspects of the LEADS framework leadership framework will be explored as to how it can enhance your understanding of managing and leading effective teams.
- There is a required textbook for this course that must be purchased independently by the student and is not included in the tuition price.
Book title: “Bringing Leadership to Life in Health: LEADS in a Caring Environment” authored by Graham Dickson and Bill Tholl.
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
Paperback: ISBN – 13: 978-1-4471-7026-6
Hardcover: ISBN – 13: 978-1-4471-4874-6
eBook: ISBN-13: 978-1-4471-4875-3
1. Review the available faculty members' profiles, linked below.
2. Click the + button to expand your selected case study and faculty and select Add to cart.
3. Follow the instructions on screen to set up your student account and make your purchase.
4. Once you have successfully enrolled and paid, you will receive a Confirmation of Enrolment and Receipt via e-mail.
5. You will be able to access your program within 30 minutes of purchase using the Access Brightspace link in your Student Portal.