The Medical Terminology for the Health Sciences course teaches students the foundations of medical terminology including basic word structure, and terminology related to specific body systems and medical interventions.
This course is designed for anyone wishing to gain a comprehensive understanding of the language of medicine, and those wishing to enter fields related to healthcare or health information. This course is eligible for exemption for those accepted to CHA Learning’s Health Information Management (HIM) program. [JS1]
If you have been accepted to the Health Information Management Program, please do not enrol in this course version. Please refer to your acceptance letter for the correct course enrolment instructions. If you are unsure, please contact us.
There is a required textbook for this course. It is the responsibility of the student to acquire this book independently, prior to beginning the course:
Book Title: The Language of Medicine, 12th Edition (2021) authored by Davi-Ellen Chabner
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
1. Review the available faculty members' profiles, linked below.
2. Click the + button to expand your selected faculty section and select Add to cart.
3. Follow the instructions on screen to set up your student account and make your purchase.
4. Once you have successfully enrolled and paid, you will receive a Confirmation of Enrolment and Receipt via e-mail.
5. You will be able to access your program within 30 minutes of purchase using the Access Brightspace link in your Student Portal.